Schedule an Appointment with a Business Consultant
Beginning Tuesday, July 6, 2021, all BACP offices are open to limited members of the public. Please be advised that masks are required in all BACP facilities and six feet of social distancing must be maintained at all times. While offices are open to the public, we continue to strongly discourage in-person visits. Learn more about BACP’s operations.
Be advised that all licenses issued by the Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection (“BACP”) under Title 4 or Title 9 of the Municipal Code of Chicago (“MCC”) that were extended temporarily due to the COVID-19 pandemic will expire on July 15, 2021. Impacted licenses must renew by July 15, 2021 in order to continue legal operations in Chicago. Read the Industry Notice to learn more.
When to Contact A Business Consultant
Business Consultants at the Small Business Center can assist you with:
- Business start-up and expansion
- Business license applications and changes to renewal
- Public Way Use applications and permitting
- Zoning information
- Guidance and assistance to all City business processes
- Assistance to schedule licensing re-inspections
When to Call 74-GOBIZ (312-744-6249)
Call the Small Business Center’s hotline to speak with an experienced customer service representative who can:
- Schedule appointments to meet with a Business Consultant, Zoning reviewer, or Health Sanitarian
- Resolve or answer City issued hold notices (i.e. tax, parking tickets, holds on the business license account)
- Provide status on a new license application, including inspections
- Provide and/or reset PIN # for renewing a business license or paying taxes online
- Provide information on BACP sponsored business workshops
Looking for business planning, legal, financial assistance, or tax advice?
Visit the Small Business Solution Station in the Small Business Center.
Looking for business support services in your neighborhood?
Visit your local Neighborhood Business Development Centers, or check out this map of neighborhood resources.