Bikes and Transit
Bringing your bike with you on a train or bus is easy, but there are important rules to follow. CTA, Metra and Pace put these rules in place for your and other customers' safety.
Find helpful information on this page as well as links to the transit agencies' websites.
Each transit agency that serves City of Chicago residents posts the latest version of their "bikes on board" policy on their respective websites. Visit their websites to find the latest:
- Chicago Transit Authority (all buses have bike racks, trains have restrictions)
- Metra (trains have restrictions)
- Pace (all buses have bike racks)
- CDOT and CTA teamed up to make a training video for bus operators about sharing the road with bicyclists. Watch here.
- CTA's Connections show filmed an episode about the CTA Bike & Ride program. Watch the instructional bikes on bus segment or the entire episode.