Childhood Exposure to Violence (CEV)
Childhood Exposure to Violence-end user
This 5-module curriculum that focuses on building a community response to Childhood Exposure to Violence helps participants define Childhood Exposure to Violence, recognize the symptoms/behaviors a child may exhibit, and what can be done to respond appropriately when a child has been exposed to violence.
Childhood Exposure to Violence-train-the-trainer
This session teaches others how to administer the ‘Bringing the Kids Back into Focus‘ curriculum that focuses on increasing awareness and learning about the issue of CEV.
- Build public awareness about childhood exposure to violence (CEV)
- Define the role families, community, and culture play in children’s exposure to violence (CEV)
- Understand the effects of exposure to violence on a child’s development
- Learn practical ways to respond to childhood exposure to violence
HOW THE OFFICE OF VIOLENCE PREVENTION MAY HELP YOU:
- Professional Development Training on Violence Prevention Issues
- Information and Referrals for Violence Prevention Services
- Sharing Violence Prevention Support Models
- Community Education programs on Violence Prevention issues
- Technical Support for Violence Prevention-related Concerns (childhood exposure to violence, bullying, etc.)
- Monthly E-Briefs on Violence Prevention Topics
Sign up! mailto:Ovp_dir@cityofchicago.org
'Like' us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/ChicagoSafeStart
Violence prevention resources can be accessed - call OVP at 312.745.0381 to make an appointment.