Should you or your organization be awarded a Cultural Grant, you will need to complete the following steps in our contracting process in advance of receiving your award payment:
Indebtedness: DCASE is unable to pay grant funds to nonprofit with outstanding, existing debt with the City of Chicago. Please pay off or clear up any existing debt (parking tickets, utility bills, etc.) prior to applying for an Individual Artist Grant. We will require you to complete a debt check authorization as part of the contracting process.
IAP Contracting Webinar (recorded on June 13, 2022):
CityArts EDS Tutorial Slides (PDF)
• Cultural Grants staff will email the first section of the relevant Grant Agreement following notification of receiving a grant award. This section of the Grant Agreement must be signed by your organization’s leadership or executive staff member, AND signed and notarized by a notary public. In signing, you are agreeing that you have read and understood the entire Grant Agreement, including online Exhibits (C&D).
• The second section of all Grant Agreements includes additional exhibits, incorporated by reference. The additional exhibits can be found here: Exhibit C (PDF)
Electronic Disclosure Statement (EDS)
• Click on the following link to complete your Electronic Disclosure Statement, or to print your certificate of completion: EDS (Economic Disclosure Statement)
Current Proof of Insurance
• Individuals and artists are not required to show proof of insurance to receive grant funding.
• Organizations must have general liability insurance of at least $1 million in order to receive grant funding. Please obtain and provide a copy of a current Certificate of Liability Insurance from your organization’s insurance provider listing the City of Chicago as an additional insured.
• You will be emailed an invoice template. Please Complete pertinent address and contact information for yourself or your organization. Note that you do not need to complete the “Invoice #” field – DCASE will supply that information subsequently.