The 2023 CityArts Program applications will open on February 10.
The 2022 CityArts Applications are closed.
Join us for an info session to learn more about DCASE’s current grant programs for arts nonprofits.
Thursday, February 9 | 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm | Register Online
Friday, February 10 | 10:00 am - 12:00 pm | Register Online
Tuesday, February 21 | 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm | Register Online
If you have questions and are not able to access these virtual meetings, if you need assistance in another language, or if you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to attend or apply please contact email@example.com for assistance.
2022 CityArts Program Overview
The goal of DCASE’s CityArts Program is to encourage the attainment of artistic excellence and financial stability, and to incentivize innovation related to citywide priorities.
This year’s program will include opportunities to apply for general operating grants across all artistic disciplines.
DCASE received an unprecedented increase to the Cultural Grants Program budget in 2022, allowing us to significantly increase general operating grant amounts. Changes made to the 2022 program are in direct response to needs raised by the local community for larger, more flexible grants.
General Operating grant amounts for selected grantees will be determined as outlined below, based on the organization’s average Annual Adjusted Income over the past three years.
• Average Annual Adjusted Income of <$10,000: Grant amount will be approximately equal to the organization’s average annual adjusted income.
• Average Annual Adjusted Income of $10,000 - $100,000: Grant amount will be $10,000.
• Average Annual Adjusted Income of $100,000 - $500,000: Grant amount will be up to 10% of the organization’s average annual adjusted income and no more than $25,000.
• Average Annual Adjusted Income of $500,000+: Grant amount will be up to 5% of the organization’s average annual adjusted income and no more than $50,000.
General Operating grants will be renewable for one year and organizations that have received support through CityArts for three consecutive years DO NOT need to go off cycle in 2022.
To be eligible to apply for a CityArts grant, applicants must meet the following criteria.
• Have a primary mission to create, produce, present, provide, or support arts and culture services for the public.
• Offer programs in an artistic discipline, operate as a museum, or serve as an arts service organization.
• Be a nonprofit, 501(c)3 organization incorporated for at least 12 months prior to applying (must have been incorporated as of January 2021). General operating applicants must have been incorporated within the state of Illinois.
• Be a resident company in the city of Chicago with a valid street address (P.O. Boxes will not be accepted).
• Primarily serve the residents of the city of Chicago (demonstrate that, on average, half of all programming occurs within the city of Chicago limits).
• Special eligibility criteria for general operating grants only: Organizations must not be receiving other significant support (cash or In Kind) from the City of Chicago or a City of Chicago Delegate Agency. Significant support is defined as more than $1M within the calendar year towards an organization’s annual budget.