Lifeway Foods Taste Kitchen Hosts Cooking Demonstrations by Celebrity Chefs and Others at Taste of Chicago, July 5-9
Taste of Chicago, July 5-9, is pleased to work with Lifeway Foods, the leading U.S. supplier of kefir cultured dairy products, to bring cooking demonstrations and celebrity chef appearances at the Lifeway Foods Taste Kitchen. Located on the Buckingham Fountain Plaza, the kitchen area will host local and nationally known chefs who will share their trade secrets and recipes each day from 11:30am to 6:30pm.
“It’s a privilege to showcase the creative culinary uses of our kefir alongside some of the region’s finest chefs during the Taste of Chicago,” said Lifeway President and CEO Julie Smolyansky. “As one of our city’s premier summertime events, the Taste of Chicago allows us to reach a large audience of hungry foodies and educate them on how kefir can be an incredibly healthy addition to any meal.”
Highlights of the Lifeway Foods Taste Kitchen include Sabor de Chicago on Thursday, July 6, a celebration of the music and cuisine of Chicago’s Latino community throughout the day with a number of cooking demonstrations including Univision Chicago’s Ericka Pino with La Cocina De Alicia Restaurant (July 6 at 5:30pm). Other highlighted chefs include “Architect of Flavor” Judson Todd Allen demonstrating healthy food with bold flavor (July 8 at 5:30pm) and Food Network’s Chopped Champion Sister Alicia Torres of Our Lady of the Angels Mission (July 9 at 3:30pm).
Not to be missed, the Chicago chefs featured at the Celebrity Chef du Jour area will also share recipes and provide free cooking demonstrations. Mark your daily Taste schedule for their appearance at the Lifeway Foods Taste Kitchen: Chef Paul Fehribach of Big Jones (July 5 at 2:30pm), Latin Night with Chef Chico Vilchez of Nacional 27 (July 6 at 2:30pm), Chef Oliver Poilevey tribute to Jean-Claude Poilevey of Le Bouchon and La Sardine (July 7 at 2:30pm), Chef Jennifer Cox with American Girl Café (July 8 at 2:30pm) and Chefs Beverly Kim and Johnny Clark of Parachute (July 9 at 1:30pm).
Copies of the recipes demonstrated will be made available by the participating chefs.
2017 Lifeway Foods Taste Kitchen
Full Schedule – subject to change
Wednesday, July 5
- 11:30am - Johanna M. Cook | Momma Cuisine, Inc. and author of From My Pantry To Your Table
- 12:30pm - James Lintelmann | Baptiste & Bottle
- 1:30pm - Katie Dong | Strings Ramen
- 2:30pm - Celebrity Chef du Jour: Chef Paul Fehribach | Big Jones
- 3:30pm - Sandra Holl | Floriole Café & Bakery
- 4:30pm - Linda Leslie | Ben's Bar Be Cue
- 5:30pm - Mario Scordato | The Chopping Block
Thursday, July 6 - Sabor de Chicago
- 11:30am - Gloria D. Hafer | After School Matters
- 12:30pm - Mario Santiago | May St. Café Contemporary Latin
- 1:30pm - Aldo Ayala | Mercadito Restaurants
- 2:30pm - Celebrity Chef du Jour: Chef Chico Vilchez | Nacional 27
- 3:30pm - Dudley Nieto | Rojo Gusano
- 4:30pm - Julius Russell | A Tale of Two Chefs, Inc.
- 5:30pm - Univision Chicago’s Ericka Pino with La Cocina De Alicia Restaurant
Friday, July 7
- 11:30am - Corey Rice | Personal Chef/TV Cook Show Personality
- 12:30pm - Marjorie Carson & David Carson | 24Life and authors of Mommy’s Meatless Menu Cookbook: 21 Delicious Vegan Recipes and More To Live a Happy and Healthy Life
- 1:30pm - Tony Priolo, Piccolo Sogno with the Prostart Illinois Championship Culinary team from Simeon Career Academy
- 2:30pm - Celebrity Chef du Jour: Chef Oliver Poilevey | Le Bouchon and La Sardine
- 3:30pm - Kristopher DeLee | The Duck Inn
- 4:30pm - Rain Truth | The Cultured Vegan
- 5:30pm - Kyle Kelly | The Cajun Connoisseur
Saturday, July 8
- 11:30am - Nathan Sears | theWit Hotel
- 12:30pm - Anne Lanute | Auguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts
- 1:30pm - Brewmaster Patrick Reisch, Goose Island Brewery with Executive Chef Marcus Rasmussen & Head Brewer Jon Naghski, Goose Island Pub
- 2:30pm - Celebrity Chef du Jour: American Girl Café Chef Jennifer Cox
- 3:30pm - Anastasia LaBorde | The Kids' Table
- 4:30pm - Stephanie Hart | Brown Sugar Bakery
- 5:30pm - Judson Todd Allen "The Architect of Flavor" | Healthy Infused Cuisine, LLC & Cleveland Avenue
Sunday, July 9
- 11:30am - Jeffrey Crittenden, The Sky-Line Club with Entertaining Expert Donna Hodge
- 12:30pm - Wilbert Jones | The Wilbert Jones Company
- 1:30pm - Celebrity Chef du Jour: Chefs Beverly Kim and Johnny Clark, Parachute
- 2:30pm - Ying Stoller | Ying’s Kitchen and author of Ying’s Chinese Cookbook, Authentic but Simple
- 3:30pm - Sister Alicia Torres | Our Lady of the Angels Mission and Champion of Food Network’s Chopped
- 4:30pm - Andrea Lyons Dillon & Jr. Chef Kendall Dillon | Bon Manger Catering and Events, LLC
- 5:30pm - Cooking Demonstration by Evan Robinson | MasterChef Junior Season 5
Taste of Chicago is produced by the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events in coordination with the Illinois Restaurant Association, which manages food and beverage operations. The festival is sponsored in part by American Girl Doll, Bud Light, CH Distillery, Chicago Parent Media, Chicago Tribune, Chicago Transit Authority, Communications Direct, CLTV-Chicagoland’s Television, Eli’s Cheesecake Company, Humana, Illinois Lottery, Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, Lifeway Foods, Pepsi, Shoreline Sightseeing, Stella Rosa Wines, Southwest Airlines, Univision Chicago, 103.5 KissFM, V103, WGN-Television, and 93XRT.
The 37th Annual Taste of Chicago is July 5–9 in Grant Park with hours 11am–9pm, Wednesday–Friday, and 10am–9pm, Saturday and Sunday. For more information on the FREE admission festival, call 312.744.3316 or visit tasteofchicago.us. To plan your trip to Chicago, visit choosechicago.com. Join the conversation on Facebook at Taste of Chicago and follow us on Twitter, @TasteofChi (#TasteofChicago) and Instagram, @ChicagoDCASE (#TasteofChicago).
About Lifeway Foods, Inc.
Lifeway Foods, Inc. (LWAY), recently named one of Forbes’ Best Small Companies, is America’s leading supplier of the probiotic fermented beverage known as kefir. In addition to its line of drinkable kefir, the company also produces frozen kefir, specialty cheeses, probiotic supplements and a ProBugs line for kids. Lifeway’s tart and tangy cultured dairy products are now sold across the United States, Canada, Mexico, Ireland and the United Kingdom. Learn how Lifeway is good for more than just you at Lifewaykefir.com. Find Lifeway Foods on Facebook: facebook.com/lifewaykefir. Follow Lifeway Foods on Twitter: twitter.com/lifeway_kefir. Watch clips on YouTube: youtube.com/user/lifewaykefir
Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events
The Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE) is dedicated to enriching Chicago’s artistic vitality and cultural vibrancy. This includes fostering the development of Chicago’s non-profit arts sector, independent working artists and for-profit arts businesses; providing a framework to guide the City’s future cultural and economic growth, via the 2012 Chicago Cultural Plan; marketing the City’s cultural assets to a worldwide audience; and presenting high-quality, free and affordable cultural programs for residents and visitors.
# # #