Chicago Band Roster Grant Program Application
The Chicago Band Roster is a selection of nearly 200 singers, songwriters, DJs, solo artists, and ensemble musicians based in Chicago performing a variety of music styles including Blues, House, Hip-Hop, Rock, jazz, Gospel, Classical and more. Artists on the Chicago Band Roster were selected by a panel of music industry professionals based on artistic excellence, work samples and performance history at private and public events.
The Chicago Band Roster is a resource for residents, producers, venues, and organizations looking to present high-quality music programs in their neighborhoods. Event organizers and cultural presenters may submit requests for musicians to perform at free, live, in-person, indoor and outdoor concerts and events. Applications will be reviewed, and DCASE will provide funding for Band Roster musicians to play at select neighborhood events.
Presenters may select up to three musicians for a single day event. Events or festivals lasting multiple days may select up to six. Programs must take place between July 15, 2022 – October 15, 2022.
Upon approval from DCASE in advance, it is the responsibility of the Presenter to communicate and negotiate event and production details with the artist, including sound system, backline, timing, and other performance related needs. DCASE will cover payment of artistic fees ONLY based on pre-established rates. Once details are confirmed by the artist and Presenter, DCASE will pay Chicago Band Roster Musicians directly.
- Arts organizations, Chamber of Commerce, Special Service Areas, block clubs, community-based non-profits, and for-profit cultural venues based in the City of Chicago are eligible to apply. Individuals are not eligible to apply.
- Presenters must have at least a (2) year history of presenting public music programming. Does not have to be consecutive.
- Individuals are not eligible to apply.
- Admission to the event must be free and open to the public.
- Programs must occur within the City of Chicago.
- Special consideration will be given to events in the Invest South / West neighborhoods: Auburn Gresham, North Lawndale, Austin, Englewood, Humboldt Park, Bronzeville, New City, Roseland/Pullman, South Chicago and South Shore.
- There will be two funding periods:
- 1 – July 15 – August 31, 2022
- 2 – September 1 – December 31, 2022
- Receptions, reunions, graduations, award functions, seminars or workshops, political events, or religious services are not eligible for this program.
You will need the following information to apply for the Chicago Band Roster program.
- General Applicant/Organizational Information: General information about your organization including primary contact information.
- General Program Information: Provide information about your proposed event, including the address, date(s), time(s), and anticipated audience and how you will reach the audience(s). You will also need to identify the Alderman, Ward and Police District where your event(s) will be located.
- Presenting History: List your presenting history delivering similar programs. Highlighted programs should demonstrate a two-year history, but does not need to be consecutive.
- Artist Information: Select up to three acts from the Chicago Band Roster you would like to perform at your event. Bands’ participation is subject to availability.
- Production Information: Include information about the equipment that will be provided for successful production of the event. The equipment provided by your organization should be appropriate for the type of performance.
- Community Outreach & Marketing Plan: Describe how your event will be promoted. Include information about how the businesses and residents that are directly impacted by your event will be notified.
- Budget: An itemized budget of program costs including artist fees, marketing/promotion, insurance, permits, supplies and materials, publications, distribution, access accommodations such as sign language interpretation, travel, shipping, venue rental, and equipment.
- Tuesday, May 31, 2022: Application opens for public programming occurring July 15 – August 31, 2022.
- Wednesday, June 15, 2022: Application Deadline for July 15 – August 31, 2022 programs. Selected applicants will be notified by July 1, 2022.
- Monday, July 11, 2022: Application opens for public programming occurring September 1 – December 31, 2022.
- Monday, July 25, 2022: Application Deadline for September 1 – October 15, 2022 programs. Selected applicants will be notified by August 8, 2022.
For Additional Information Contact
Director, Performing Arts
Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events