Clarke House Museum Tours
Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays • 1pm and 2:30pm
The health and safety of our visitors, event attendees and staff members remain our highest priority. As such, the Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events is closely monitoring developments around the Coronavirus Disease 19 (COVID-19) and sharing safeguards and best practices as outlined by federal health authorities and state and local officials. The Clarke House Museum is closed to the public, and all tours are canceled until further notice.
Please refer to the Chicago Department of Public Heath’s website, chicago.gov/coronavirus, for the latest local updates on the response to COVID-19.
The Clarke House Museum is Chicago's oldest home. Tours of this 1836 Greek Revival-style house reveal what life was like for a middle class family in Chicago, when the city was in its formative years before the Civil War.
Hour-long guided tours of Clarke House Museum are now free. See details below.
Free Public Tours
- Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 1pm and 2:30pm
- One-hour guided tours
- Admission is FREE
- Tours are limited to 15 people, available on a first-come, first-served basis. For groups of 10 or more, please see below Private Group Tours.
Private Group Tours
- Private tours led by trained volunteer docents are offered by appointment, pending availability.
- Private tours of the house are designed for adults, 13 years and older, for groups of 10 or more.
Private Group Tours Application
Supporting Information Facts
2020 Holidays/Museum Closed:
- New Year's Day - Jan. 1
- Lincoln's Birthday - Feb. 12
- Presidents' Day - Feb. 17
- Independence Day - July 4
- Veterans' Day - Nov. 11
- Christmas Day - Dec. 25