Sunday, October 22, 2023
12-5pm, Rain or shine
Douglas Boulevard, Central Park to Independence & 13th
Open Boulevards will transform Chicago's iconic boulevards into community spaces where residents can stroll, bike and enjoy culture.
Music, games, food and more. A community event for the whole family. Bring your bikes, roller skates, chairs, or a picnic, and enjoy your neighborhood.
Open Boulevards will include:
- Community Paint Party with The Antidote, Inc.
- Skateboarding with Natty Bwoy Boards & Bikes
- Rollerskating with The Sidetown Sideshow
- Performances by Erthe St. James, Bandwith and DJ Johnny Jones
- Community Bike Ride starting at Douglas Blvd. & Millard
- Interactive arts activities
- Community Fair with local organizations
- Two food trucks: Cynthia’s Gumbo Express and Caseras Sabor Real