UPDATED May 28, 2020
The Department of Planning and Development (DPD) continues to provide vital customer services during the ongoing public health crisis.
Starting in June, more members of DPD staff will begin to return to their City Hall offices. However, much of the department will continue to operate from remote locations. For the time being, email continues to be the best way to reach DPD staff and conduct business. See below for a list of contacts and subjects.
General inquires can be sent to DPD@cityofchicago.org. People who do not have computer access should call DPD's customer service line at 312.744.3653 and leave a message.
- Office of Commissioner Maurice Cox: email@example.com
- First Deputy Commissioner Eleanor Gorski: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Media and Public Relations: email@example.com
First Deputy's Office
- Urgent Issues: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chicago Plan Commission: email@example.com
- Historic Preservation/Landmark Permit Review: firstname.lastname@example.org
- City-Owned Land: email@example.com
- Urgent Issues: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zoning Review: email@example.com
- Zoning Map Amendments: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zoning Certifications: email@example.com
- Zoning Opinion Letters: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Part II Review: email@example.com
- Zoning Board of Appeals: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Landscape Review: email@example.com
- Urgent Issues: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tax Increment Financing (TIF): email@example.com
- Small Business Advocacy: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Small Business Improvement Fund (SBIF): email@example.com
- TIFWorks: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Service Areas (SSAs): email@example.com
- Urgent Issues: James.Harbin@cityofchicago.org
- Neighborhood Opportunity Fund (NOF): James.Harbin@cityofchicago.org
For the most up-to-date information on the City’s response to COVID-19, please visit www.chicago.gov/coronavirus, where you can also sign up for regular email updates.
For more information on the City's plans to re-open starting June 3, visit www.chicago.gov/reopening.