Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
The mission of the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) program is to employ geospatial technology to cost-effectively improve the delivery of services and the quality of decision-making for the City of Chicago
The GIS team
- administers and operates geospatial and Global Positioning System (GPS) software products and systems
- creates, manages and maintains over 700 geospatial data sets (tables and layers)
- creates, manages and maintains web applications that leverage geospatial data for analysis and decision-making
- creates, manages and maintains software services that enrich other city systems with geospatial data
- produces digital maps of City information.
City of Chicago Maps
Includess police stations, fire stations, schools, clinics and many other facilities as well as political boundaries, transit routes, street closures, TIF districts, liquor licenses and other data of general interest.
Illinois House and Senate districts
U.S. Congressional districts
Population, housing, social and economic data from the U.S. Census Bureau.
More than 250 data sets of GIS and geospatial data are available on Chicago’s Data Portal where they are organized under the Topic "gis": http://data.cityofchicago.org/browse?tags=gis
GIS Liability Statement and Disclaimer:
The data provided is a public resource of general information. The City of Chicago makes no warranty, representation or guaranty as to the content, sequence, accuracy, timeliness or completeness of any of the database information provided herein. The reader should not rely on the data provided herein for any reason. The City of Chicago explicitly disclaims any representation and warranties, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The City of Chicago shall assume no liability for:
1. Any errors, omissions, or inaccuracies in the information provided regardless of how caused; or
2. Any decision made or action taken or not taken by reader in reliance upon any; information or data furnished hereunder.