2018 VENDOR FAIR
Hosted by the Government Procurement Compliance (GPC) Forum
The 2018 Vendor Fair is a collaborative effort by the members of the Government Procurement Compliance (GPC) Forum to give our regional businesses as many resources and networking opportunities as possible.
This event will provide businesses the opportunity to learn about contracting opportunities with the City of Chicago, its Sister Agencies, Cook County Agencies, and State and Federal agencies. You will have the opportunity to attend several business workshops, learn how to join the construction trade unions, find financial, insurance, and legal assistance. Come out and network with other business owners.
WHEN: Thursday, July 12, 2018
WHERE: UIC Forum, 725 West Roosevelt, Chicago, IL 60607
TIME: 12:00 - 4:00 P.M.
Learn about Contracting Opportunities in:
- Professional Services
- Financial Services
- Human Resources
- Work Services
- Chicago City Treasurer's Office
- Chicago Department of Aviation
- Chicago Fire Department
- Chicago Infrastructure Trust
- Chicago Police
- Chicago Public Library
- City JOC Program - Gordian Group
- Commission on Animal Care & Control
- Department of Buildings
- Department of Business Affairs & Consumer Protection
- Department of Cultural Affairs & Special Events
- Department of Finance
- Department of Fleet & Facility Management
- Department of Planning & Development
- Department of Procurement Services
- Department of Public Health
- Department of Streets & Sanitation
- Department of Transportation
- Department of Innovation & Technology
- Department of Water Management
- Mayor's Office of People with Disabilities (MOPD)
- Office of Emergency Management & Communications - OEMC
- Office of the Inspector General
- Chicago Housing Authority
- Chicago Housing Authority Section 3 Field Office
- Chicago Park District
- Chicago Public Schools
- Chicago Transit Authority
- City Colleges of Chicago
- McCormick Place
- Public Building Commission
- Chicago Botanic Garden
- Cook County Facilities Management
- Cook County Animal Control
- Cook County Bureau of Economic Development
- Cook County Office of the Chief Procurement Officer
- Cook County Department of Revenue
- Forest Preserves of Cook County
- Cook County Bureau of Technology
- Cook County Juvenile Temporary Detention Center
- Cook County Medical Examiner
- Cook County Department of Risk Management
- Cook County Department of Transportation and Highway
Government Agencies & Anchor Institutions
- Chicago Board of Election Commissioners
- Illinois Comptroller's Office
- Illinois Tollway
- Metropolitan Water Reclamation District
- Office of the Illinois State Treasurer
- Pace Suburban Bus
- Regional Transit Authority (RTA)
- State of Illinois CMS Business Enterprise Program (BEP)
- S. Small Business Administration
- S. Department of Energy Office of Science-Integrated Support Center Chicago
- University of Illinois Office of Procurement
- World Business Chicago
Financial Business Resources
- Assurance Insurance
- Community Insurance Center - Inner City Underwriting
- FARO Associates
- Goldman Sachs
- Liberty Bank
- Marquette Bank
- MB Financial Bank
- New York Life
- Opulent Credit
- The Federal Savings Bank
Employment & Labor / Trade Unions
- IUOE Local 150
- DC14 Apprenticeship Program/Painters Dist Council #14
- Chicagoland Laborers' District Council Training
- Chicago Women in Trades (CWIT)
- CISCO - Construction Industry Service Corp
- City of Chicago Department of Family & Support - Workforce Services
- Pipe Fitters Local Union #597
- Chicago Cook Workforce Partnership
- City of Chicago Department of Human Resources
Assist Agencies & Support Organizations
- Angel of God Resource Center
- B/ACE Magazine
- Better Business Bureau
- Black Contractors Owners and Executives
- Black Contractors United
- Chatham Business Association
- Chicago Urban League
- Construction Industry Conference - Contractor Advisors Business Development
- Construction Business Development Center
- Cosmopolitan Chamber of Commerce
- Federation of Women Contractors
- Fresh Start Home Community Development Corp.
- Greater Southwest Development Corporation
- HACIA-Hispanic American Construction Industry Association
- Illinois Hispanic Chamber of Commerce - IHCC
- Illinois State Black Chamber of Commerce
- LGBT Chamber of Commerce of Illinois
- Native American Chamber of Commerce of Illinois
- National Organization of Minority Engineers (NOME)
- Polish American Chamber of Commerce - PACC
- Real Men Charities, Inc.
- SPCDM - St. Paul Church of God in Christ Community Develop. Ministries
- The Monroe Foundation
- Urban Broadcast Media, Inc.
- US Minority Contractor's Association
- Women's Business Development Center
- Chicago Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights - The Law Project
- A Safe Haven
- Easter Seals Metropolitan Chicago
- Elite Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business Network
- Illinois Department of Veteran's Affairs
- Warrior Summit Coalition
Check back periodically for updates.
Confirmed PRIMESConnect Exhibitors:
- FH Paschen
- Friedler Construction Co.
- Jacobs Engineering Group
- Kenny Construction Company
- Lakeside Alliance
- Magellan Development Group
- McCaffery Interest, Inc.
- Power Construction
- Sterling Bay
- TERRA Engineering, Ltd.
- Tribune Real Estate
- UJAMAA Construction Inc.
1:00 pm to 1:45 pm
Doing Business with City, State & Federal Government | Breakout Room D
The panelists for this workshop will cover topics on doing business with their respective government agencies. Learn what resources are available, navigating websites, procurement methods, contracting opportunities, and MBE/WBE compliance requirements. Learn information that will help your company be more competitive when submitting bids/proposals on various government-contracting opportunities.
Panelists: City of Chicago, Public Building Commission of Chicago, United States Environmental Protection Agency -Small Business & DBE Program, Women’s Business Development Center
Resources for Veterans | Breakout Room E
Opportunities for veteran-owned small business, honoring those who served. Exploring resources and services available to start-up, aspiring and emerging vetrepreneurs.
Panelists: Elite Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business Network (SDVOB), Illinois Department of Veterans’ Affairs, Warrior Summit Coalition, Women’s Business Development Center - Veteran Services
Navigating Financial Challenges and Opportunities | Breakout Room F
In today’s business environment the Financial Services industry is constantly evolving to encompass a broad range of services and programs for businesses. We have united executives in the consulting realm, insurance, financial lending and investing, and professionals who know how to help you to improve your credit profile. This distinguished panel will explore Financial Services key issues and opportunities and share an array of innovative solutions and best practices.
Panelists: Community Insurance Center, FARO Associates, Liberty Bank & Trust, Opulent Credit Builders, Inc.
2:00 pm to 2:45 pm:
Propelling Your Business though Aviation Opportunities Breakout Room D
The Chicago Department of Aviation (CDA) is currently overseeing two major capital infrastructure programs – O’Hare 21 and the Midway Modernization Program. As these programs prepare O'Hare and Midway to take off with added capacity and modern infrastructure, they will also build new economic opportunity and jobs for the city as well as the region over the next decade. This workshop focuses on aviation-specific contracting opportunities in construction and professional work services.
Panelists: Chicago Department of Aviation
Social Justice to Entrepreneurship | Breakout Room E
Social Enterprise advocates, innovators and small business experts will share and provide insights on how social enterprise, entrepreneurial training and leveraging of City of Chicago procurement opportunities can help develop opportunities for employment of returning citizens, reducing the rate of recidivism in Chicago.
Panelists: The Monroe Foundation, North Lawndale Employment Network, Chicago Neighborhood Initiatives, Teamwork Englewood, Chatham Business Association, ADV Consulting
The WOW of POW: Marketing Skills for Your Business | Breakout Room F
The workshop is THE WOW OF POW. This is a workshop to learn basic MARKETING skills. We will discuss and demonstrate traditional and new media and how it works for your business. Discussed will be marketing trends that can produce results with examples. Marketing is an important element in business. How you present yourself is important as you build your customer base. This workshop is to make sure you are attractive to your customer. That’s the WOW OF POW.
Panelists: Hartman Publishing/NDIGO
NOTICE: Your name, company name, telephone number, and email address will be posted on the City’s Vendor Fair web page for relationship-building purposes. As such, we strongly recommend registering with your business phone number and email address.