Booted Vehicle Information
To request a 24-hour tow extension, 15-day storage extension, or obtain the location of your vehicle, please call 312-744-7275.
REASON WHY YOU WERE BOOTED
- 3 or more eligible tickets that are in final determination of liability OR
- 2 eligible tickets that are in final determination and are more than one year past the date of issuance.
HOW TO REMOVE YOUR BOOT
- Pay all outstanding tickets in final determination status and any associated fees in full (including a $100 boot fee) OR
- Enroll in a payment plan at one of the payment center locations. For a list of locations and hours of operation go to: payment center locations
- For information about your payment plan options, please call 312-744-7275.
HOW TO CONTEST BOOT AND/OR MPOUNDMENT
To contest the booting or impoundment of your vehicle, you must appear in person within 21 days of the date noted on the boot sticker at one of the following hearing locations:
- 4445 North Pulaski Avenue – (Monday to Friday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
- 2006 East 95th Street – (Monday to Friday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
- 400 West Superior Street – (Monday to Friday 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.)
CONSEQUENCES FOR FAILURE TO PAY OR CONTEST
You must secure the release of the boot within 24 hours, or request a 24-hour extension, from the date and time noted on your boot sticker or your vehicle will be impounded. A tow fee of $150 will be applied, plus storage fees of $20 per day for the first 5 days and $35 per day for each day thereafter for passenger vehicles. The pound will only store your vehicle for 21 days. To request a 24-hour tow extension, 15-day storage extension, or obtain the location of your vehicle, please call 312-744-7275.