Who Can Represent You at a Hearing?

If the registered owner is unable to request or appear for the hearing, someone authorized by the owner can do so. An attorney can act on behalf of the registered owner by providing a copy of his/her attorney credentials by mail.  He/she can also present the credentials at the time of hearing to an Information Aide at one of the Payment Centers. All other individuals must submit or present a notarized letter of authorization to represent the registered owner. Notarized letters are valid up to 30 days from the date of notarization.

Appealing the Administrative Law Officer's Decision

If you are dissatisfied with the Administrative Law Officer's decision, you can appeal before a judge under Administrative Review in the Circuit Court of Cook County located at the Daley Center, 50 W. Washington St., Room 602. This option must be exercised within 35 days of the Administrative Law Officer's decision.

 Supporting Information Facts


People We Serve:

Programs & Initiatives:

 I Want To