Mayor Richard M. Daley today wagered a large assortment of locally made products with the Mayor of Green Bay on the success of the Chicago Bears in the upcoming NFC Championship game against the Green Bay Packers.
“The Bears-Packers rivalry is the greatest one in professional sports,” Daley said. “Needless to say, this is a very big game for both teams, and we couldn’t ask for a better matchup for the NFC Championship title and the George Halas trophy.”
To demonstrate his confidence in the Bears, Daley made a friendly wager with Green Bay Mayor Jim Schmitt on the game, the winner of which advances to the Super Bowl.
Chicago’s wager package includes products from these great Chicago restaurants and manufacturers:
- Connie's Pizza: 20 Spinach Calzones and 11 cheese-less pizzas.
- Hashbrowns: 15 pounds of sweet potato, killer and regular hashbrowns.
- La Preferida: an assortment of authentic Mexican food products including Refried Beans, Jalapeño Peppers, Organic Products, Salsas, Tortillas and Seasonings.
- Kasia’s Deli: two cases of beef pierogi.
- Kim & Scott’s Pretzels: The “Sweetness Package” of 34 sweet, stuffed soft pretzels.
- MacArthur’s Restaurant: one dozen BBQ turkey legs.
- Manny’s Cafeteria: 24-inch-long football-shaped corned beef and pastrami combo sandwich with everything…except cheese.
- Miss Lee’s Good Food: baked and grilled herbal chicken with brown rice.
- Schaller’s Pump: 45 pieces of fried chicken.
- Tootsie Roll: 25 pounds of tootsie rolls.
Mayor Schmitt will wager an assortment of food from Green Bay restaurants and purveyors, including:
- a three-pound chocolate football from Seroogy’s;
- a case of “Frozen Tundra” wine from Parallel 44 Vineyard & Winery;
- a case of “bear” steaks from American Foods Group;
- a 12-pack of New Glarus Spotted Cow beer from Pizzonas Restaurant; and
- a gift certificate or autographed Packer football from Packer Pro Shop
In addition to the bet, Mayor Schmitt will send one pound of cheese to Mayor Daley for each point the Packers win by.
Anything edible Chicago wins will be donated to the Greater Chicago Food Depository.
“Good luck to the Chicago Bears,” Mayor Daley said. “I hope we will soon be celebrating the Bears winning the Super Bowl and hoisting the Vince Lombardi trophy.”
# # #