The City of Chicago is currently in Phase Four: "Gradually Resume." Many City services have adjusted hours or locations and may require health screens prior to entering their physical
spaces. Please call ahead or visit any department's website to get additional details, or visit chicago.gov/covid-19.
1) WHAT TIME IS ACCESSCHICAGO? 9:00am-4:00pm on Thursday, July 19, 2018
2) WHAT TIME DO I NEED TO BE THERE? There will be move-in times the day before AccessChicago from 10:00am-3:00pm and the morning of AccessChicago from 7:00am-9:00am. Our preference is for you to move-in the day before. All big display items (i.e. vehicles, climbing wall, adaptive sports equipment, etc.), MUST move-in on July 18, 2018 (the day before the event) before 10am due to safety regulations and in order to construct the showroom floor.
3) HOW DO I DROP OFF MY LARGE ITEMS INTO FESTIVAL HALL B? All large items (vehicles, musical instruments, adaptive sports equipment, climbing wall, etc.) can be brought in through the dock area located on the side of Navy Pier.
4) I WILL HAVE A VEHICLE DISPLAYED ON THE SHOWROOM FLOOR, WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW? Due to safety regulations, all vehicles displayed on the showroom floor must have:
1) only 1/8 tank of gas
2) the gas tank must be taped or locked shut
3) the vehicle MUST be dropped off on July 18, 2018 (the day before the event from 7:00 am until 10:00 am)
4) the vehicle can NOT move off the showroom floor until 4:01pm on July 19, 2018
5) the battery must be disconnected
6) please know that electricity will need to be purchased to operate your vehicle during show hours (please note: our show does not provide generators)
5) WILL THERE BE PARKING AVAILABLE FOR EXHIBITORS? Yes! Navy Pier Parking is not pre-paid. Based upon booth package a complimentary parking pass is secured for one driver for the day. Parking vouchers will be disseminated upon check -in at the MOPD registration booth on 7/19. The maximum number of complimentary parking passes is two. The purchased booth size will determine the number of parking passes. If you require more passes than your exhibitor booth package provides, please stop by the MOPD exhibit booth (right at the entry of Festival Hall B) to get a discounted parking pass before leaving the exposition. The discounted parking pass is needed upon exiting the parking lot. Payment is accepted at any one of the parking kiosks throughout the Pier, before going to the garage. At the kiosk, put in the ticket received when you entered the garage, then put in the discounted parking pass. The kiosk will display the discounted parking cost. Pay the discounted price then retrieve the paid parking ticket and head to the garage to exit the parking lot.
6) WHERE DO I PARK MY PERSONAL VEHICLE? Park in the East garage, closest to Festival Hall B where the event is being held.
7) HOW MANY EXHIBITORS WILL BE AT ACCESSCHICAGO? The event averages between 90-100 exhibitors.
8) HOW MANY ATTENDEES WILL BE AT ACCESSCHICAGO? The event averages between 2,000-2,500 attendees.
9) MAY I LEAVE THE EVENT EARLY?
We strongly advise against this. Here’s why:
1) There are attendees who rush to AccessChicago after work or leave work early only to get there and find most of the exhibitors have left. Although the late comers are few, we hate to disappoint any attendees, especially those who make a concerted effort to get there.
2) The dock doors will not open until 4:01pm, so all of your materials will have to be taken out the front door, or you may also make arrangements with the exhibition management company to have items shipped, which is an additional cost.
10) WILL THERE BE A PLACE TO CHARGE WHEELCHAIR(S) AND/OR SCOOTER(S)?
Yes! There will be stations marked R.A. (Rest Area) on the exposition floor plan where a power wheelchair and/or scooter can be recharged.
11) WILL THERE BE A RELIEF AREA FOR SERVICE ANIMALS?
Yes, the service animal relief area will be located on the west end of Festival Hall B. Please stop at the AccessChicago show office for directions.
12) BESIDES EXHIBITORS, WHO ELSE WILL BE THERE?
AccessChicago brings a host of engaging activities that educate and entertain all ages. From bingo to sports, petting zoos, arts and crafts…there’s bound to be something for everyone!
13) IS THERE A FLOOR PLAN AVAILABLE?
See the 2016 floorplan, as a similar setup is expected. https://ww w.city ofch icago.org/c ity/en/depts/mopd /su pp_inf o /AccessChicagoFl oor Plan.html
14) IF I LEAVE MY ITEMS OVERNIGHT ON JULY 18, 2018 WILL THERE BE SECURITY?
Yes! MOPD provides security overnight the day before AccessChicago, beginning at approximately 5:00pm and throughout the day of the event. Security will not be provided after 4:00pm on July 19, 2018.
15) WHEN ARE MY ITEMS REQU IRED TO BE MOVED OFF THE SHOWROOM FLOOR?
All items are expected to be moved between 4:01pm- 8:00pm on July 19, 2018. There is no overnight storage or security after 4:00pm on July 19, 2018.