May 10, 2019
**** PUBLIC SAFETY ADVISORY **** Popular BTS World Tour Cocerts Held at Soldier Field This Weekend Expect Increased Traffic, Crowds and Activity in the Area
Security measures in place for fan safety: screening, clear bag policy implemented
Record-breaking South Korean boy band BTS will be in Chicago this weekend for their World Tour “Love Yourself: Speak Yourself” concerts at Soldier Field, along with Friday’s large crowds for the Fan Village/Merchandise Tent; the Office of Emergency Management and Communications (OEMC) is advising motorists, pedestrians, residents and concert-goers to be aware of safety measures and traffic impacts.
Sold-out crowds are expected at Soldier Field on Saturday and Sunday, beginning at 7:30 pm. Gates open at 5 pm. On Friday , the Fan Village Merchandise Tent opens at 10 am and at 9 am on Saturday and Sunday on the Soldier Field Stadium Green. Fans can access grounds at 8:30 am.
- Soldier Field’s NFL clear bag policy will be in effect for this event. Clear plastic bags/backpacks that do not exceed 12"x6"x12" or one-gallon (or smaller) clear plastic freezer bags are allowed. Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap, may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options.
- Coolers, selfie-sticks and alcoholic beverages are prohibited. For more prohibited items, see https://soldierfield.net/node/546 or https://soldierfield.net/prohibited-items
- There is no camping permitted on the Soldier Field or Chicago Park District property and guests may not access the site until 9:30 a.m.
- Everyone is reminded to be alert and report suspicious activity to 9-1-1 or on-site security.
Parking, Ride-Share and Transportation
- North Garage Parking Lot opens at 5:30 am.
- Waldron Parking lot opens at 7 am.
- Rideshare Uber/Lyft drop-off/pick-up is located at Balbo and Columbus. The 18th St. turnaround will also be designated for drop-offs and the 18th St. McCormick lot will be utilized for pick-ups. Ride share users are urged to be alert and take the necessary precautions before entering a ride-share vehicle.
- Limos leaving the campus must return by 9:30 p.m. to stage for any pick-up arrangements.
- Parent pick up lot will open at 9 p.m. Spaces are allotted in the South Parking Lot for parent pick up. Parents will be allowed to park and walk up to Gate 0 to reunite.
- Residential parking restrictions are in effect around Soldier Field. Call 3-1-1 to locate towed vehicles.
As always, OEMC will monitor the event and weather conditions. Traffic control aides are assigned to facilitate traffic.
For emergency alerts and traffic disruptions, subscribe to Notify Chicago at www.notifychicago.org or keep updated via Twitter @ChicagoOEMC or Facebook/coemc.