A side yard is a fenced yard directly adjacent to a neighbor’s home. It can be used for any purpose allowable by zoning.
Potential buyers can also review an application checklist at this link:
- 10% of market value
Eligible buyers will:
- Own and live in property directly next to vacant lot. This means the lot must be to the right or left of your property.
- Be able to maintain and care for the lot
- Be able to pay property taxes on the lot
Application materials needed:
- Proof of ownership (copy of deed)
- Proof of residence (copy of Photo ID, utility bill)
- If you buy a side yard, you cannot sell it for at least five years.
How the land sale process works
Review the steps below to apply for vacant land.