Walk-Ins Now Welcome
Appointments are preferred but not required.
All City of Chicago-operated sites, including Chicago State University, accept walk-ins. Appointments are preferred but not required.
All COVID-19 vaccines are offered at no cost to everyone, regardless of insurance and immigration status. Insurance and Government-issued ID are NOT required.
Things to Know:
- Type of vaccine: Pfizer
- Eligibility: Anyone 12+*
- Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday: 12pm-6pm; Saturday: 9am-3pm
- Site entrance: Emil and Patricia A. Jones Convocation Center at 9501 S King Dr, Chicago, IL 60628
*Anyone under 18 must have a parent or guardian present to sign consent.
Location & Entrance :
Emil & Patricia A. Jones Convocation Center, 9501 South King Drive, Chicago, IL. The Convocation Center is located on Cougar Lane/Avenue of Chicago State University's campus.
Using the CTA
Bus Routes: 3, 4, 5, 95, 111, 115
Metra: Electric line 95th
Use lots B8, B9, B10, B11,B12
- Anticipate spending about 1 hour at the vaccination site. This includes the 15-30 minute observation period.
- Please wear short sleeves or loose fitting clothing so we can easily administer the vaccine.
- We recommend you visit the washroom prior to checking-in and bring your own water and/or snack if you will need it.
- To expedite the onsite process, bring a copy (print or digital) of your registration email to your vaccination appointment.
The Pfizer vaccine is used at the Chicago State University walk-up vaccination site. A second dose is required.
The Johnson & Johnson vaccine is used at the Chicago State University drive-through vaccination site.