Chicago Police Department (CPD)
- Chicago Police Department Reform Hub
- Chicago Police Department Bureau of Internal Affairs Reports
- CPD Directives Portal
Civilian Office Of Police Accountability (COPA)
COPA conducts certain investigations of police misconduct brought against members of the Chicago Police Department, including allegations of excessive use of force.
More information about COPA and complaints against officers can be filed on their website.
Mayor’s Office Public Safety Priorities And Office Of Violence Reduction
The City of Chicago Mayor’s Office works to ensure that all residents have the opportunity to fulfill their potential and thrive in safe communities. As a public safety priority, the Mayor’s Office of Violence Reduction develops and implements a citywide violence reduction strategy, focusing on the communities most impacted by violence. The Mayor’s Office of Violence Reduction aims to supports individuals and communities through investments in promising and proven interventions paired with coordination of City department resources.
Chicago Police Board
The Chicago Police Board is an independent civilian body that decides disciplinary cases involving Chicago police officers. The nine members of the Board are private citizens appointed by the Mayor with the advice and consent of the City Council.
Public Safety Inspector General
The Public Safety Inspector General initiates reviews and audits of the City’s police and police accountability functions with the goal of enhancing the effectiveness of public safety, protecting civil liberties and civil rights, and increasing the public’s confidence in the system.
Check your Case Status
COPA Case Portal COPA
CPD Bureau of Internal Affairs Accountability Dashboard CPD (BIA)
- City of Chicago’s Report on Chicago Police Department 2019 Litigation-Revised 10.01.2020
- City of Chicago Video Release Policy
- 2018 Chicago Police Department Next Steps to Reform
- Police Accountability Task Force Full Report 2016
- Police Accountability Task Force Executive Summary
- Department of Justice Investigation of the Chicago Police Department