DCASE Cultural Grants Programs
The mission of the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events is to enrich Chicago’s artistic vitality and cultural vibrancy. To support this overarching mission, the Cultural Grants Program’s goal is to play an active role in the development of Chicago’s arts and culture community by funding artists and arts organizations that have the potential to meaningfully contribute to the City’s cultural vitality.
The DCASE Cultural Grants Program strives to:
(1) Elevate Chicago’s arts and culture community;
(2) Promote access to the breadth of arts and cultural programming in our city; and
(3) Support those not typically represented in traditional local funding infrastructures.
DCASE Cultural Grants Programs:
• Individual Artists Program (funding for individual artists) – Provides project-based funding for professional artists.
• CityArts (funding for nonprofit organizations) – Provides general operating and project grants to Chicago-based, arts and culture-focused, non-profit organizations of all sizes.
In Kind Support:
• ArtsSpace Program (venue support for nonprofit organizations) – DCASE ArtsSpace grants provide cultural organizations access to space in the Chicago Cultural Center and Millennium Park to produce free public programming and exhibitions.