• Proposed event must take place during calendar year 2023.
• Admission to the event must be free and open to the public, with no fees or suggested donations for entry.
• Activities supported by grant must have a primary focus on arts and culture (including music, dance, theater, literary arts, film & media arts, visual arts/design OR a combination across disciplines).
• Events must feature performances or works by at least two artists or creative groups and provide a live, in-person engagement opportunity for the public. Events that include at least one Chicago-based artist will receive priority.
• Event site must be confirmed.
• Event must occur within the city of Chicago.
• Event may be indoors or outdoors and must operate in full compliance with all current business, public health, and safety guidelines for public events in the City of Chicago. Presenter is responsible for obtaining all necessary additional permissions and licenses required for event.
• Presenters are required to provide for equipment and staffing appropriate for the type of arts activity, size of venue, and audience as applicable for event.
• Receptions, reunions, graduations, award functions, seminars or workshops, political events, or religious services are NOT eligible for this program.