The 2022 CityArts application will open and updated program guidelines will become available on February 7.
The goal of DCASE’s CityArts Program is to encourage the attainment of artistic excellence and financial stability, and to incentivize innovation related to citywide priorities.
This year’s program will include opportunities to apply for general operating grants across all artistic disciplines, as well as special project grants to support Chicago's dance community.
We are currently collecting feedback to help inform future updates to our Cultural Grants Program. Please share your thoughts by joining an information session and filling out the survey.
To be eligible to apply for a CityArts grant, applicants must meet the following criteria.
• Have a primary mission to create, produce, present, provide, or support arts and culture services for the public OR have an arts-focused division/department/program with its own budget.
• Offer programs in an artistic discipline, operate as a museum, or serve as an arts service organization.
• Be a nonprofit, 501(c)3 organization incorporated for at least 12 months prior to applying (must have been incorporated as of January 2021). General operating applicants must have been incorporated within the state of Illinois. National organizations with a Chicago branch are eligible to apply for project grants.
• Be a resident company in the city of Chicago with a valid street address (P.O. Boxes will not be accepted).
• Primarily serve the residents of the city of Chicago (demonstrate that, on average, half of all programming occurs within the city of Chicago limits).
• Special eligibility criteria for general operating grants only: Organizations must not be receiving other significant support (cash or In Kind) from the City of Chicago or a City of Chicago Delegate Agency. Significant support is defined as more than $1M within the calendar year towards an organization’s annual budget.