2022 Grant Calendar
The 2022 CityArts Applications are now open. The application deadline is Tuesday, March 22 at 5:00pm CST.
There are THREE DISTINCT applications, which can be accessed as outlined below.
General operating grant application for organizations with an annual adjusted income budget under $2M:
2022 CityArts Small – General Operating Funds
General operating grant application for organizations with an annual adjusted income budget over $2M:
2022 CityArts Large – General Operating Funds
Project grant application for organizations of all sizes. Project grants will support projects in alignment with the Year of Chicago Dance.
2022 CityArts Project Grant
2022 CityArts Program Virtual Webinars
The DCASE Cultural Grants team is excited to offer a series of virtual webinars for all 2022 CityArts applicants. The webinars will cover updates to CityArts grant program guidelines and application review criteria plus provide tips and guidance to help applicants prepare the strongest application possible. Applicants are not required to attend a workshop to apply, however all applicants, regardless of having previously applied for or received a DCASE CityArts Grant, are encouraged to attend. Please see below to register.
Monday, February 28, 2022 | 12:00pm - 2:00pm | Register Online
If you need assistance in another language and/or if you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to apply, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
CityArts webinar recording from February 10, 2022
2022 CityArts Program Overview
The goal of DCASE’s CityArts Program is to encourage the attainment of artistic excellence and financial stability, and to incentivize innovation related to citywide priorities.
This year’s program will include opportunities to apply for general operating grants across all artistic disciplines, as well as special project grants to support Chicago's dance community.
DCASE received an unprecedented increase to the Cultural Grants Program budget in 2022, allowing us to significantly increase general operating grant amounts. Changes made to the 2022 program are in direct response to needs raised by the local community for larger, more flexible grants.
General Operating grant amounts for selected grantees will be determined as outlined below, based on the organization’s average Annual Adjusted Income over the past three years.
• Average Annual Adjusted Income of <$10,000: Grant amount will be approximately equal to the organization’s average annual adjusted income.
• Average Annual Adjusted Income of $10,000 - $100,000: Grant amount will be $10,000.
• Average Annual Adjusted Income of $100,000 - $500,000: Grant amount will be up to 10% of the organization’s average annual adjusted income and no more than $25,000.
• Average Annual Adjusted Income of $500,000+: Grant amount will be up to 5% of the organization’s average annual adjusted income and no more than $50,000.
General Operating grants will be renewable for one year and organizations that have received support through CityArts for three consecutive years DO NOT need to go off cycle in 2022.
To be eligible to apply for a CityArts grant, applicants must meet the following criteria.
• Have a primary mission to create, produce, present, provide, or support arts and culture services for the public.
• Offer programs in an artistic discipline, operate as a museum, or serve as an arts service organization.
• Be a nonprofit, 501(c)3 organization incorporated for at least 12 months prior to applying (must have been incorporated as of January 2021). General operating applicants must have been incorporated within the state of Illinois. National organizations with a Chicago branch are eligible to apply for project grants.
• Be a resident company in the city of Chicago with a valid street address (P.O. Boxes will not be accepted).
• Primarily serve the residents of the city of Chicago (demonstrate that, on average, half of all programming occurs within the city of Chicago limits).
• Special eligibility criteria for general operating grants only: Organizations must not be receiving other significant support (cash or In Kind) from the City of Chicago or a City of Chicago Delegate Agency. Significant support is defined as more than $1M within the calendar year towards an organization’s annual budget.
2022 Grant Calendar
and Guidelines become available
|February 7, 2022
March 22, 2022
No Extensions will be Granted
Applications must be submitted at least one week before the deadline to avoid technical issues. Any technical issues reported within the week prior to the deadline might not be resolved in time for you to successfully submit your application.
|Notification of Results
|All applicants will be notified via e-mail sent to the address on file in the CyberGrants system.
||Grant agreements and necessary attachments will be completed by grantees and processed by the cultural grants team.
|Timeframe is subject to change. Please refer to this calendar for updates.