Individual Artists Program (IAP)
The 2023 Individual Artists Program application is now closed. The 2024 application will open in November 2023.
2023 Individual Artists Program (IAP) Application
2023 Individual Artists Program Guidelines (PDF)
2023 Individual Artists Program Guidelines Spanish (PDF)
The Individual Artists Program (IAP) aims to assist Chicago's practicing artists in creating work that develops their craft and elevates their careers, while adding to the cultural vitality of the city of Chicago. IAP grants support artists across all artistic disciplines including Film & Media Arts, Literary Arts, Music, Performing Arts (Theatre/Dance), and Visual Arts/Design.
Individual Artists Program (IAP) Grants support the creation, development, or presentation of artwork and professional development.
Grants support artists across all artistic disciplines including:
• Film & Media Arts
• Literary Arts
• Performing Arts (Theater/Dance)
• Visual Arts & Design
• DCASE anticipates making 200 - 250 grants through this program.
• We anticipate funding approximately 25% of applicants.
• We will prioritize funding applicants that did not receive an IAP grant or other support from DCASE in 2021 or 2022.
• DCASE’s Cultural Grants Program strives for an equitable distribution of artistic services across the city and will prioritize projects created by residents of community areas which have been historically under-resourced, including LMI (Low and Moderate Income) community areas.
• We will accept requests up to $6,000.
To be eligible to apply for funding from the Individual Artists Program, applicants must meet each of the following criteria:
• Be at least 18 years old
• Be a resident of the city of Chicago, Illinois (proof of Chicago residency is required for application - we will only accept a Driver’s License, State of Illinois ID or Chicago CityKey)
• Must not be enrolled full time in undergraduate college/university studies of any kind.
• Please Note: An artist can receive funding through IAP for up to two consecutive years before being required to take one year off from applying. If you have received a grant in 2021 and 2022, you may not apply for the 2023 cycle. Beginning in 2024, artists must take one year off from applying after being selected for an IAP grant.
2023 Grant Calendar (Subject to change)
|Guidelines Available||November 28, 2022||Access guidelines at chicagoculturalgrants.org|
||November 28, 2022
||Access guidelines at chicagoculturalgrants.org|
||January 10, 2023 at 5pm CT
No extensions will be granted.
||All applications will be notified via email sent to the address on file in the CyberGrants system.
|Contracting Period||May - July 2023||Grant agreement and forms must be filed.|
||TBD - Anticipated in October 2023
||This is a projected payment timeline that is subject to change. All payments will be disbursed in 2023.|
|Final Reports Due||One month following end of grant period||Reports will be completed electronically. Grantees will receive an email communication to confirm their report deadline.|