Individual Artists Program (IAP)
2020 Grant Calendar
The Individual Artists Program aims to assist Chicago's practicing artists in creating work that develops their craft and elevates their careers, while adding to the cultural vitality of the city of Chicago.
The 2020 Individual Artists Program application is now open.
Download the guideline packet (PDF)
To apply, please visit: www.cybergrants.com/dcase/grants/2020IndividualArtistsProgram
The application deadline is December 5, 2019 at 5:00pm CST.
All applicants are encouraged to attend an Application Assistance Workshop to learn about important updates to this year’s program. Can’t attend in-person? See below for which events will be live-streamed on the DCASE Facebook page (@ChicagoDCASE).
Please use the following link to RSVP for an in-person workshop at the Chicago Cultural Center:
The workshop schedule is as follows
• Thursday, October 24: 2–4pm - 5 Millennium (livestream on Facebook)
• Tuesday, October 29: 12–2pm - 5 Millennium (livestream on Facebook)
• Wednesday, October 30: 9–11am - 5th Floor Washington
• Wednesday, November 6: 9–11am - 5 Millennium
• Thursday, November 14: 5:30–7:30pm - Claudia Cassidy Theater (please enter on the Randolph side of the building) (livestream on Facebook)
Rooms are subject to change. Please check to confirm the room upon arrival.
Spanish Language Workshop: Please use the following link to RSVP for a workshop at National Museum of Mexican Art, 1852 W. 19th St., Chicago
• Tuesday, November 12: 5:30–7:30
Please use the following link to RSVP for a workshop at La Luz Gallery, 1545 W. 18th St., Chicago
• Monday, October 28: 6–8pm
Please use the following link to RSVP for a workshop at The Promontory, 5311 South Lake Park Avenue W., Chicago
• Tuesday, November 19: 2–4pm
General IAP Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible to apply for funding from the Individual Artists Program, applicants must meet each of the following criteria:
• Be at least 18 years old
• Be a United States citizen or permanent legal status
• Be a resident of the city of Chicago, Illinois (proof of residency is required for application - we will only accept a Driver’s License, State of Illinois ID or Chicago CityKey)
• Must not be enrolled full time in undergraduate college/university studies of any kind.
Please Note: An artist can receive funding through IAP for up to three consecutive years before being required to take one year off from applying. If you have received a grant in 2017, 2018 and 2019, you may not apply for the 2020 cycle. Beginning with the 2021 cycle, artists will only be eligible to receive two consecutive years of support.
2020 Grant Calendar
|Application Guidelines Available
||October 22, 2019
|October 22, 2019
|December 5, 2019 at 5pm CST
Late applications will not be accepted under any circumstances.
|Notification of Results
|By March 31, 2020
|All applications will be notified via e-mail sent to the address on file in the CyberGrants system.
||Grant agreement and forms must be filed.
|This is a projected payment timeline that is subject to change.
|Final Reports Due
||January 31, 2021
||Reports will be completed electronically. Reports will open in December 2020.