The City of Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE) is currently accepting Idea Submissions for its new Neighborhood Access Program. The goal of this program is to support the cultural vitality of every Chicago neighborhood via grant programs and partnerships designed to be responsive to the complex needs of individual communities. Through its pilot year, this program will offer direct grants for all types of community-based arts and culture activities.
This program seeks to increase access to DCASE funding with expanded eligibility criteria and a revised application process.
The 2021 Neighborhood Access Program application is now closed.
Projects must have these elements:
• Projects must have a primary goal to serve residents of a specific neighborhood or community.
• Projects must engage neighborhood residents as participants or audiences between October 1, 2021 and December 31, 2022.
• Lead applicant’s primary residence/address must be in the neighborhood where this engagement will take place.
The following entities may apply for a Neighborhood Access Program grant:
• Any nonprofit organization, Special Service Area (SSAs) or Chamber of Commerce with 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(6) status, including religious institutions that provide significant services to the community that are non-religious in nature.
• National nonprofit organizations with a Chicago branch.
• Individual artists, cultural producers or curators.
• Individuals/collectives applying using a fiscal sponsor/agent that meets all eligibility criteria.
Timeline ***All dates are subject to change
|Idea Submission Portal opens
|April 20, 2021
|Idea Submission Deadline
||Friday, May 21, 2021 5:00pm CST - No Extensions will be granted
|July 2021 - All applicants will be notified about if they have been selected as a finalist or not.
|Full Proposal Deadline
|August 2021 - For invited finalists
||October 2021 - All finalists will be notified about if they have been selected for a grant or not.
||December 2021 - Grants will be made in a single, one-time payment.
||January 1, 2021 - December 31, 2022. This is the time during which grant funds must be spent.