Public Health & Safety Information
Public health and safety are paramount to the City of Chicago. The following information provides an overview of major cannabis related health and safety issues. In case of an emergency, please call 911.
- Studies and Information about the Health Effects of Cannabis Use
- Facts You Should Know About Marijuana. Illinois Department of Human Services.
- Marijuana: How Can It Affect Your Health? Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- U.S. Surgeon General’s Advisory: Marijuana Use and the Developing Brain. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- The Health Effects of Cannabis and Cannabinoids: The Current State of Evidence and Recommendations for Research. National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine.
- Nationwide Trends. National Institute on Drug Abuse.
- Can Marijuana Use During and After Pregnancy Harm the Baby? National Institute on Drug Abuse.
- Marijuana: Facts for Teens. National Institute on Drug Abuse.