This page contains documents you may need to use or submit during the ADU intake process, before you submit a permit application to the Department of Buildings. 


Neighbor and Aldermanic Notice 

Before your ADU intake is approved, you will need to send a notice to the property owners immediately on either side of the property at which you are applying to add an ADU, as well as to the alderman of the ward. 


Affordable Units 

If you are required to include affordable units because you are adding more than one ADU on your property, you will be required to record an affordability covenant on the property with the Cook County Clerk.