Framework for Equitable Social Services Contracting
The City of Chicago commits to conduct its delegate agency contracting in a manner which more effectively reaches historically underrepresented organizations doing impactful work, strengthens organizations indigenous to and led by individuals representing the communities they serve, and increases the resources available in high-need communities.
Through Chicago’s equitable social services contracting framework, we will create social value in our contracts to help to make Chicago more equitable by distributing economic benefits throughout the communities that have traditionally been underrepresented. This will be achieved by 5 goals:
- Reaching historically underrepresented organizations doing impactful work.
- Strengthening organizations indigenous to and led by individuals representing communities they serve.
- Increasing resources in high-need communities.
- Ensuring cultural competence.
- Being accountable for results.
Working with community, public agencies, and non-profit and philanthropic partners, we will seek to undertake contracting process and policy reforms and align technical assistance and support.