Environmental Safety & Consumer Affairs Hearings Division
The Environmental Safety & Consumer Affairs Hearings Division hears cases initiated from the Departments of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection, Health, Police, Revenue, Streets & Sanitation and Transportation. Generally, the hearings involve;
- City recycling violations;
- Chauffeur requirement violations (i.e., failure to renew license, illegal parking, reckless driving);
- Complaints by elderly and mentally challenged persons living in licensed care facilities;
- Grocery stores (i.e., selling outdated food products, false advertising, unsanitary interiors);
- Harboring rodents;
- Home and motor vehicle repair;
- Obstructions of the public way;
- Outdated food products;
- Overflowing garbage;
- Public passenger vehicle operators (i.e., taxi cab and limo drivers, chauffeurs); Sale of unstamped cigarettes;
- Sale of cigarettes to minors; and,
- Unsanitary food businesses.
For more information, please contact: Administrative Hearings, Environmental Safety & Consumer Affairs Hearings Division, 312.742.8252 or 312.742.8253.