To support businesses and public vehicles during the ongoing pandemic, Business Licenses and Public Passenger Chauffeur and Vehicle Licenses with an expiration date between March 15, 2020 and June 15, 2021 will be considered active until July 15, 2021. Licensees will have until July 15, 2021 to renew without paying a late fee.
The following BACP offices remain closed to the public:
- BACP Administrative Offices, 121 N. LaSalle St. Room 805
- Small Business Center, 121 N. LaSalle St. Room 800
The following BACP public vehicle licensing and inspection facilities have reopened to the public with capacity limits and social distancing protocols in place:
- Public Vehicle Licensing Facility, 2350 W. Ogden Avenue, 1st Floor
- The BACP Public Vehicle Inspection Facility (2420 W. Pershing Road/39th Street) is temporarily closed to the public from January 21 to 29, 2021. BACP plans to reopen the Public Vehicle Inspection Facility on February 1, 2021. Vehicle inspections scheduled between January 21, 2021 and January 29, 2021 will be rescheduled. BACP shall notify taxicab affiliations and license managers by e-mail of updated public vehicle inspection dates.
Members of the public that visit BACP’s Public Vehicle Licensing Facility at 2350 W. Ogden Avenue will undergo a symptom screening, including a temperature check, before entering the facility. Visitors will also be required to wear face coverings and maintain six feet of social distancing while in the facility and are encouraged to bring their own pen.
Due to COVID-19, BACP continues to encourage the processing of licenses and permits online/remotely.
BACP will continue processing business licenses and public way use permits, where applicable, online or over the phone. Please visit www.chicagobusinessdirect.org or call 312-74-GOBIZ. Learn more about how to use Chicago Business Direct. For public way use permits, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and click here to learn how to obtain a Sidewalk Cafe Permit.
BACP public vehicle licensing application and processing requests should be e-mailed to email@example.com. Public vehicle inspections appointment list is posted on the Public Vehicles page. Requests to change public vehicle inspection dates should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Guidance from the Chicago Department of Public Health
- Resources for Businesses, Consumers and Employees
- Updates on BACP Operations during COVID-19
Department Main Office
Connect With Us
Other BACP locations: