ALL CACC OPERATIONS ARE BASED OUT OF OUR SHELTER LOCATED AT:
2741 S. WESTERN AVE.
CHICAGO, IL 60608
- Dog and Cat adoptions are available from 12PM to 7PM every day.
- Lost pet searches at the facility and lost pet pickup is available from 12PM to 6:15PM every day.
- CACC does not accept owner surrendered pets from non-City of Chicago residents. If you live outside of the City of Chicago and are surrendering a pet, please contact your local animal control or humane society.
- City of Chicago residents may surrender their owned pets to CACC from 12PM to 7PM every day. If you are unable to surrender your pet between these hours due to urgent circumstances, you may make an appointment by emailing CACCRescue@cityofchicago.org. CACC will contact you back with other available times.
- CACC will continue to accept stray animal intake from 8AM to 10PM every day.
- CACC is a 54,000 square foot building, which houses approximately 500 animals in separate kennels.
- CACC has a fully-equipped medical division to care for the animals.
- CACC houses a command center for Animal Control Officers and has a fleet of 18 trucks.
- CACC has a shelter operations division to clean, feed and care for the animals.
- CACC has offices for the Executive Director and administrative and management staff.
- CACC hosts off-site adoptions, microchip and vaccine clinics with the use of the Animobile van.
- CACC hosts on-site microchip and vaccine clinics the third Wednesday of every month.
The City of Chicago is actively seeking applicants for the position of Operations Manager – Animal Control. Interested candidates can apply online at: https://chicago.taleo.net/careersection/100/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en