The Administrative Hearings/Operations section is under the direction of the Assistant Manager of Administrative Adjudication. This division is responsible for overall management of three (3) hearing facility locations at:
- 400 West Superior (Central Hearing Facility)
- 2006 East 95th
- 4445 North Pulaski
- Customer assistance at the information counters/desks/kiosks
- Assisting customers seeking to reschedule a missed hearing by filing a Motion to Set Aside Default orders; (see the Department Glossary for definition)
- Assisting customers who are seeking to file a Vehicle Impoundment request for hearing;
- Receiving and resolving public comments regarding customer service, customer complaints, security concerns; ("How Are We Doing Survey”)
- Speakers bureau - represent the department at various CAPS, community related meetings and service fairs;
- Freedom of information (FOIA) request processing in person or by email;
- Liaison between city/enforcing department representatives who handle cases;
- Community service program is a combined initiative between department of Administrative Hearings and Streets and Sanitation whereby respondents found liable on specific police issued quasi-criminal violations must perform a minimum of eight (8) hours work as ordered by the Administrative Law Judge.
- Provide interpreters for the deaf or hearing impaired.
- Liaison to CARPLS “free” legal assistance office.
The Administrative Hearings/Operations section provide common services such as:
For more information, please contact: Administrative Hearings, Operations at 312.742.4747.