CDOT Traffic Alert: Lane Closures on Division Street Bridge over North Branch Chicago River Beginning Tuesday, January 2nd
**Work on the project has been delayed due to weather. Please see the updated closure dates in red below.
The Chicago Department of Transportation (CDOT) today announced that repair work on the Division Street Bascule Bridge over the North Branch Chicago River will begin on Tuesday, January 2nd, 2024 and is expected to last until February 9th, 2024.
Phase 1: January 2nd - January 19th, 2024 February 5, 2024
- Eastbound Closure: Division Street will be closed to eastbound traffic between N. Elston Avenue and N. North Branch Street. Westbound traffic will be maintained throughout this phase.
- Detour: Eastbound traffic will reroute via W. Division to N. Elston Ave. to W. North Ave. to N. Clybourn Ave. to N. Halsted St. back to Division Street.
Phase 2: January 22nd - February 9th, 2024 February 6, 2024 - March 8, 2024.
- Westbound Closure: Division Street will be closed to westbound traffic between N. Elston Avenue and N. North Branch Street. Eastbound traffic will be maintained throughout this phase.
- Detour: Westbound traffic will reroute via W. Division St. to N. Halsted St. to N. Clybourn Ave. to W. North Ave. to N. Elston Ave. and back to Division Street.
- At least one sidewalk on the Division Street Bridge will remain open at all times.