Electric Vehicle and Mobility Infrastructure Framework
As part of the City of Chicago’s goals to reduce transportation carbon emissions and advance environmental justice, the Chicago Department of Transportation (CDOT) is developing a framework plan to equitably advance Electric Vehicle (EV) and e-mobility infrastructure improvements in Chicago. This framework will serve as a roadmap for CDOT to evaluate, plan, and identify opportunities to create greater accessibility to EVs and e-mobility, streamline the regulatory and design process for public charging infrastructure deployment, and pilot curbside charging. Along with Chicago’s continued work to advance active transportation options like walking, biking, and taking transit, this EV and Mobility Infrastructure Framework will guide investments to support a more equitable and sustainable future for Chicago residents.
Follow along! See below for an overview of the project timeline and milestones.
- September 2023: Project Start | Develop engagement strategy, design project website, and establish data collection
- October-November 2023: Engagement Underway | Publish website and EV Questionnaire, host stakeholder meetings, and data analysis
- December-January 2024: Recommend Policy Interventions + Public Engagement Continues | Understanding the current parking and EV charging station landscape, EV Infrastructure Installation Process Map
- February-March 2024: Strategy Develops + Public Engagement Continues | Incorporate public input, complete design guidelines, develop criteria, host follow up meetings
- April-May 2024: Study Results | Finalize summary reports and presentations, establish framework report, coordination to share final report
We want to hear from you!
Provide your input now to help us better understand how to improve Electric Vehicle (EV) and e-mobility access in Chicago. The questions are related to your familiarity with EV and e-mobility infrastructure, your mobility needs, and your perceived barriers and benefits of electric modes of transportation.
Date: Tuesday, November 7
Location: Olive-Harvey College
Time: 6:00 - 7:30 p.m
Format: hybrid meeting - this is an opportunity for individuals to attend virtually
Date: Thursday, November 9
This meeting has been cancelled
Date: Thursday, November 16
Time: 6:00 - 7:30 p.m
Format: Virtual meeting via Zoom. After your RSVP, you will receive the Zoom link.