Chicago Conservation Corps' Student Clubs
C3 Student Clubs provide a great opportunity for students to:
- Make a measurable environmental impact on their school and surrounding community.
- Understand how their actions relate to the bigger environmental picture.
- Become knowledgeable, confident, and active environmental leaders.
C3 supports Clubs through:
- Teacher training workshops.
- Learn from conservation and natural resource experts to receive a holistic picture of Chicago’s environmental scene.
- Network with other talented, enthusiastic teachers from throughout the city.
- Earn professional development credits (CPDUs) and a small stipend for your efforts.
- Detailed, adaptable project guides and activity suggestions.
- All of C3’s activities are designed to be student-centered, age-appropriate, and hands-on.
- To see examples of the types of projects and activities C3 Student Clubs participate in, visit our blog.
- Grants and materials.
- Materials to carry out all C3 projects are provided at our workshops.
- Competitive grants are awarded to returning Clubs for year-long projects with a climate change focus. Learn more about our Club Action Projects.
- C3 sponsors field trip opportunities throughout the course of the year.
- Additional resources are distributed as they become available.
- C3 staff and Partner Organization support.
- C3 staff work closely with Clubs to help them reach their goals.
- C3’s 17 partner organizations offer a wide variety of events and programs that are advertised to Clubs.
- Recognition of students at the annual “C3 Graduation.”