Maps and Plats
The Maps and Plats Kiosk provides access to city aerial maps, 80-Acre (lots) maps, and structure basemaps that show existing building footprints and an address for each building.
Click on the link below to access the maps.
Click on the link below for information on address certificates:
House Numbers / Building Address Certificates.
CDOT Coach House Policy
Right-of-Way Adjustment Programs
The Maps and Plats Section of CDOT manages several programs that can be used to facilitate changes to the configuration of public streets and alleys. Pending aldermanic support, successful review, and utility vetting of a proposed project, the resulting assembled parcel can be used for industrial, commercial or residential expansion or development.
Click on the links below to access the program applications:
- Subdivision Requirement Guideline
- Subdivision and Dedication Program
- Street and Alley Vacation - Commercial
- Street and Alley Vacation - Industrial
- Street and Alley Vacation - Not-for-Profit
- Release of Covenant Program
- Plat Requirements
- Proper Notice To Neighbors
- Economic Disclosure Statement
- Unimproved Alley Policy
- Recording Procedures
- CDOT Lighting and Electrical Engineering Standards
- CDOT Right of Way Construction Standards
The Chicago Department of Transportation (CDOT) is responsible for reviewing development proposals that impact the public right-of-way. Prior to the legislative approval for Planned Developments, Lakefront Protection Applications and Zoning Board of Appeals, applicants must receive approval from the CDOT Plan Review Committee (PRC). Additionally over-sized driveways (any curb cut with a driveway greater than 25’ at the property line) will also need CDOT-PRC approval before a driveway permit is issued.