Fire Safety Director: Emergency Preparedness Certificate
Emergency Preparedness Certificate for Fire Safety Director and Deputy Fire Safety Director Application Procedure
All Applicants Shall:
- Register for the Fire Safety Director training class at CFD Public Education website. Online payments can be made at this web site. If you must pay by check, then follow the next steps.
- If you are receiving certification for the first time, download the POS Certification invoice from the City of Chicago Web Site or obtain the Application and POS invoice from the Bureau of Fire Prevention.
- If you are renewing a certification, download the POS Renewal Certification invoice or obtain from the Bureau of Fire Prevention.
- Complete the name and address on the POS invoice, remit payment at any City of Chicago payment site and obtain a valid payment receipt attached to the POS invoice. This POS invoice may only be paid to a city cashier. EZ Pay Station may not be utilized. To locate the City of Chicago payment site locations go to http://www.chicago.gov/finance.
- Take the training class and complete examination [Emergency Preparedness Certificate Sample Examination] and on-site assessment. Note for renewals, you will be scheduled by our Public Education team for on-site certification.
The Emergency Preparedness Certificate is valid for one year. It is your responsibility to keep your certificate current.