File an Civilian Office of Police Accountability FOIA Request
The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) is a state law that provides citizens with access to public records. Each City department is a separate agency responsible for maintaining its own records, so requests should be submitted to the department that maintains the records you want.
All Freedom of Information requests submitted to City of Chicago departments must include the following information:
- The name, mailing address and contact information of the requester;
- A description of the records that are being requested.
Civilian Office of Police Accountability FOIA Information:
FOIA requests may be submitted to COPA by personal delivery or sending your written request as outlined below.
- Mailed requests should be sent to: 1615 W. Chicago Avenue, 4th Floor, Chicago Illinois 60622
- E-mailed requests should be sent to COPA-FOIA@chicagocopa.org
- Faxed requests should be sent to (312) 746-3591.
- FOIA Disclosure