The Humboldt Park community’s Kells Park would be expanded by .14 acres through a land acquisition proposal introduced to City Council today by Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot.
The additional space would involve two vacant lots at 724-26 N. Kedzie Ave., which the City would acquire from the Openlands conservation organization for $61,000. The City would subsequently lease the space to the Chicago Park District for use as a new playground.
Acquisition costs would be paid through the Chicago/Central Park TIF District.
The two-acre Kells Park, located at Chicago and Kedzie avenues, is named for George D. Kells, who served as an alderman of the 28th Ward from 1931 to 1951. .
# # #