The Chicago Department of Aviation’s core mission is to:
- Ensure safe and efficient travel through O’Hare and Midway International Airports.
- Enhance economic activity and job creation within the City of Chicago and the region.
- Continue to grow Chicago’s airports’ competitive positions in the global aviation marketplace.
- Provide world class services and amenities in an environment that reflects Chicago’s rich, diverse and unique character.
- Continue to be the international leader in airport sustainability by integrating environmental best practices into all aspects of the airports.