- Assistant Corporation Counsel Supervisor - Federal Civil Rights Litigation Division
- Assistant Corporation Counsel III - Torts Division
- Assistant Corporation Counsel III - Federal Civil Rights Litigation Division
- Assistant Corporation Counsel Supervisor – Labor Division
- Assistant Corporation Counsel Supervisor – Finance & Economic Development Division
- Assistant Corporation Counsel I - Collection Ownership and Administrative Litigation Division
- Assistant Corporation Counsel Supervisor - Supervising ACC (Regulatory-Litigation) - Aviation, Environmental, Regulatory and Contracts Division
- Chief Assistant Corporation Counsel - Chief of Aviation Finance and Contracts Group - Aviation, Environmental, Regulatory and Contracts Division
- Assistant Corporation Counsel III – Employment Litigation Division
- Assistant Corporation Counsel III - Appeals Division
Interested applicants can view job descriptions here.
The City of Chicago Department of Law prides itself on hiring qualified, diverse and motivated attorneys who are committed to serving the City and developing their professional skills.
Interested experienced attorneys and law school graduates awaiting bar results or admission to the bar are welcome to search online for any current vacancies for which they meet the hiring criteria.
NOTE: Regardless of whether there are currently posted opportunities of interest to you, please be sure to register and create both a profile and job search agent on the Careers Page to ensure that you receive an email whenever a job opportunity that meets your criteria becomes available.
An employee must be an actual resident of the City of Chicago. Proof of residency will be required at the time of employment.
Salary and Benefits
Salary levels are commensurate with experience.
Benefits offered to Department of Law attorneys include:
- 13 days of annual leave
- 12 days of sick leave
- 13 paid holidays
- 1 personal day
- Parental leave with FMLA eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Pre-tax health and dependent care spending programs
- Pre-tax "Transit " program
- Deferred compensation 457 plan
- Domestic partnership benefits
- Chicago Employees Retirement Pension Fund