Frequently Asked Questions
The shared mission of increasing disability employment in Chicago cannot be done alone. We partner with agencies and community-based organizations throughout our 77 Chicago neighborhoods to ensure all people with disabilities have access to the resources and supports needed to achieve their career goals, including priority areas that the Mayor has identified on the South and West sides of Chicago.
MOPD’s Career Center partners with agencies by:
- Working with City Colleges of Chicago students with disabilities to provide career readiness activities and job placement. Learn more here (link)
- Hosting Community Partner Meetings to provide updates and share resources
- Hosting and collaborating on accessible career events
- Working with community-based organizations and residents to ensure equitable and accessible resources
- Working with the Department of Family Support Services to identify and make appropriate referrals
If you are interested in learning more about partnering with MOPD, please complete the MOPD Community Partner Form or email MOPDCareerCenter@cityofchicago.org a MOPD Career Placement Counselor will follow up with you within 1-2 business days.