Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services
The Mayor’s Office for People with Disabilities (MOPD) offers a full array of services for people who are deaf and hard of hearing including:
- Substance abuse prevention education for youth and adults
- Free Amplified Phones, and CapTel device distribution to qualified individuals
- Information and resources
- Advise City departments, sister agencies and community organizations on various forms of communication access for the deaf and hard of hearing community
- Serve on various government and community-based committees regarding deaf and hard of hearing policies and programs
Free Amplified Phone and CapTel Device
MOPD offers free amplified phones, Teletypewriters (TTYs) and CapTel devices.
Substance Use Prevention Program for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
The Substance Use Prevention Program for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing offers unique prevention programming that addresses the specific needs of people who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing.
For additional information contact MOPD at:
MOPD - City Hall Office: 121 N. LaSalle Street, Room 104, Chicago, IL. 60602
MOPD - Field Office: 2102 W. Ogden Avenue, Chicago, IL. 60612