One Summer Chicago
One Summer Chicago (OSC) connects young people to summer jobs, internships, and training programs being offered throughout the City. Through OSC, young adults have the opportunity to learn job skills, develop their resumes and explore career interests.
One Summer Chicago brings together government institutions, community-based organizations, and companies to offer over 24,000 employment and internship opportunities to youth and young adults ages 16-24. Internships last six weeks are 20 hours/week, and stipends are provided. Our program will include a series of activities geared towards job readiness and career exploration. A portion of the program will involve giving the students an opportunity to expand their knowledge of various vocational fields by visiting employers representing a variety of occupations. We already have the students’ summer packed with programming full of activities to provide them with enriching experiences.
WHY YOUR COMPANY SHOULD PROVIDE INTERNSHIPS?
- Internships help students gain leadership skills!
- Internships help the intern develop critical life skills in communication, teamwork, time management, and initiative!
- Internships provide youth with meaningful work experience to demonstrate to potential employers!
- Internships help youth demonstrate job-readiness and skill knowledge
- confidently to potential employers!
- Internships help youth gain valuable skills and knowledge that exposes them to various industry-specific career opportunities!
- Internships give youth exposure to education and career pathways!