Job Shadow Day is a national program that is coordinated on the local level by MOPD and Chicago Public chools. Students mentees are matched with a workplace mentor in their desired career areas of interest, enabling them to have a hands-on experience of a typical day on the job in that field.
- Provide the students with a quality educational/learning experience, and whenever possible, give them exposure to the overall operation of your organization.
- Provide lunch for the students while in your workplace.
- Obtain all required approval (parents, CPS) to participate in this activity.
- Be matched with employers by MOPD and CPS based on career areas of interest.
- Confirm with their matched employer contact before the day of their assignment.
- Be expected to participate in this activity from 9:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Be expected to travel independently to/from their assigned workplace.
Mark your calendars!
Groundhog Job Shadow Day is held each year, usually during February thur April.