Disability Rights Resources - Accessibility Compliance Unit
Below are links to the websites that provide accessibility compliance-related information.
MOPD's Accessibility Compliance Unit staff is available to answer questions about the rights and responsibilities of business owners, employees, and consumers under the:
- 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design
- Fair Housing Amendments Act
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act
- 2019 Chicago Building Code, Title 14B
- ICC/ANSI A117.1-2009 (With Chicago Building Code modifications)
- Chicago Commission on Human Relations
- Cook County Commission on Human Rights Ordinance
- Illinois Environmental Barriers Act
- Illinois Accessibility Code
- Illinois Human Rights Ordinance
- Illinois White Cane Law
To inquire about accessibility laws or to request technical assistance, contact MOPD at 312.744.4441 (voice) or Email: MOPDCompliance@cityofchicago.org.