Fire Alarm Box Installation Requests
OPSA is responsible for the installation and maintenance of approximately 1800 City fire alarm boxes (pullboxes) that send fire alarms signals directly to the 911 Dispatch floor at the OEMC. Please reference MUNICIPAL CODE OF CHICAGO, 14B-9-919 City fire alarm box, for more information.
Procedures for Fire Alarm Request Letter
- Name of the facility in which the work will be taking place.
- Address of the facility in which the work will be taking place.
- Nature of the work desired. Will this be a new Fire Alarm Box installation or will it be a Fire Alarm box relocation?
- Name of the project manager or the person of contact if any questions should arise.
- Any other information that may help expedite the work.
This written request can be faxed or emailed to OPSA, Fax: 312.746.9548, Email: PSA_iscn@cityofchicago.org
The original request should be mailed for our records to:
Office of Emergency Management and Communications - ISCN
1345 W Madison
Chicago, JL. 60607-1809
Any further questions please call OPSA at 312.742.3788