Question, Concern or Request?

The Department of Finance handles water billing for the Chicago Department of Water Management. To change your account information, billing issues, payment plans, Full Payment Certificates, Senior Exemptions, Refunds, and any other billing or account issue please contact the Department of Finance:

Water Billing Customer Service

312.744.4H20 (4420).


For issues concerning your water, please call 311 or contact us at: 



To report a street or parkway leak, an open fire hydrant, or to shut off the water in an emergency PLEASE CALL 3-1-1 immediately.

You may if you prefer make your request directly to the 3-1-1 system for the services listed below by selecting the link:

Supporting Information Facts

People We Serve:

I Want To