File a Water Management FOIA Request
The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) is a state law that provides citizens with access to public records. Each City department is a separate agency responsible for maintaining its own records, so requests should be submitted to the department that maintains the records you want.
All Freedom of Information requests submitted to City of Chicago departments must include the following information:
- The name, mailing address, e-mail address if available, and contact information of the requester;
- A description of the records that are being requested.
DWM maintains the following categories of records:
- Service requests for water and sewer work.
- Some historical records on building water meters.
- Private Drain Program reports
- Consumer Confidence Report
The following reports are for potable water only:
- Comprehensive Chemical Analysis report (reports are available on our web site)
- Report of water supply and bacteriological examination–coliform analyses
- Chemical treatment and microbiological and analyses from both purification plants
Please note: records listed on this page may not be subject to disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act.
For Water Management FOIA requests, write to:
Jardine Water Plant
1000 East Ohio Street
Chicago, IL 60611
Please note that all FOIA requests are posted online. FOIA requests are public information, and when you submit a FOIA request, your name and information about the request will be made available on the City's website.
Please be specific about the information you are seeking, and indicate the exact locations and dates. Please indicate in your request how you would like the information sent to you (via email, mail, or available to pick up at our office).
Due to our request volume, the most efficient way for us to respond to questions is via email: DWMfoia@cityofchicago.org