Jumping Jack Program
Application Opens on Monday, April 17, 2023
Each year, the Jumping Jack Program delights children across Chicago. This inflatable playground, provided by the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events, is available for FREE and runs from Saturday, May 27 through Sunday, September 3, 2023.
The Jumping Jack is limited to Residential Block Parties within the city limits of Chicago.
- The 2023 Jumping Jack registration portal will open on Monday, April 17. The application is best completed on a computer using Google Chrome.
- Applicant must reside on the block where the Residential Block Party is taking place.
- Inflatables are only available on Saturdays and Sundays. Requests are typically highest on Saturdays – please consider Sundays.
- Requests are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. If the date does not appear in the drop-down list, it is already full and unavailable.
- If the incorrect date is selected in error, the applicant MUST email JumpingJack@cityofchicago.org for further instruction. If it's a last minute date change the applicant must re-apply.
- Applicants MUST complete the Block Party Permit Information Form and receive a permit from their Alderman’s office in order to hold a Block Party. More information online.
1. Inflatables will only be provided to residential block parties within the city limits of Chicago. Events on private property, in parks/forest preserves, at schools, museums, libraries, churches, private parties, birthday parties, and festivals are not eligible.
2. Inflatables are for outdoor use only.
3. Inflatables can only be set up on pavement, asphalt, or concrete; alleys and parking lots are not allowed.
4. Applicants will receive notification by email on the status of their request. The contracted provider will call to set up deliveries.
5. Approved block parties will receive an inflatable for (4) hours between the hours of 10am and 6pm on the scheduled day. Actual hours will be determined by availability. One standard inflatable will be delivered to a requesting residential block party.
6. The requesting party will be required to provide a driver's license or credit card information as a security deposit and designate an adult to sign for the inflatable upon arrival. If the inflatable is damaged during use, the credit card provided will be charged for the damage. Inflatables will not be dropped off without credit card information or a driver's license and the signature of a designated adult.
7. The inflatable will not be set up during inclement weather (rain, drizzle, etc.).
8. The contracted inflatable company must be able to drive directly to the set-up site. The inflatable cannot be transported manually. If the site is not accessible by vehicle, services will not be rendered.
9. Generators are not provided. It is the responsibility of the requesting party to supply electrical power (120 watts) to operate the inflatable within 100ft. of the inflatable.
10. All parked vehicles must be removed from the location of the inflatable. Applicants are responsible for securing all the Block Party Permits from the Aldermanic Office in that ward.